Friday, February 18, 2011

Shopping and Sustenance

If you have never been to Mitsuwa, then I'd advise getting in your car and going there ASAP. It might just be my new favorite marketplace.

This Japanese superstore is located in Edgewater, NJ and is a one-stop shop for produce, prepared foods (think sushi and bento meals), a huge sake selection, thinly sliced meats for shabu-shabu (Berkshire pork and wagyu beef!), and even Japanese desserts. It is a mini-mall full of authentic Asian food and groceries - how cool is that?

They have a food court within the store (did you hear my heart skip a beat?)! After carefully weighing all my options and inspecting the numerous plastic food displays show in the photo below, I settled on the Gyoza and fried rice with crab combo from Sanuki Sandou Udon:



Doesn't Mike's ramen soup look good? The broth tasted like bacon. UH - YUM.


Sure my plate was a total carb overload, but ya know what? I'm not sorry because it was delicious and I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment