Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oktoberfest


If you like German fare then you must visit Helmer's in Hoboken. The combination of authentic German food, a vast variety of premium Imported beers on tap, and the pub like relaxed atmosphere made this one of the best hangouts I've been to in a while.

My smoked pork chop dinner with handmade spaetzle was outstanding. The smoky flavor of the whole dinner totally left me wanting more and the fact that I could taste the butter drenched on my spaetzle means I will return very soon. To me there is no better flavor than butta!!!! I opted for the sauerkraut on the side which was smooth and almost velvety....by far the best sauerkraut I’ve ever had.

I believe the German word for yes is "Jå"...and if you asked me if I'd return to Helmer's again and again, I'd shout JA! JA!

This salad appetizer complete with slices of bacon wrapped wurst was super delicious (and maybe a bit nutritious too):


Oh smoked pork and buttery spaetzle, how I love thee:


TOO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment