Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hole Lotta Love

I was recently reading this article about doughnuts. It talked about how "the humble doughnut has always had a special place in the hearts and stomachs of Americans" and I KNOW my stomach agrees.

Needless to say, the article left me wanting to taste these beauties ASAP:

The Doughnut Plant's Creme Brulee Yeast Doughnut is described as having a rich vanilla-bean custard interior and a burnt-sugar shellacked exterior making it a crackly, chewy delight, with a hint of salt to offset the sweetness. Ummmm, sign me up!!!


Bouchon Bakery's Boston Creme Doughnut has a dense interior and is stuffed with vanilla cream, coated in dark chocolate icing and topped with crunchy dark chocolate-covered "pearls." Oh, how I love thee Mr. Keller. I'll take a box of these please:


BTW, Bouchon serves lunch too (I talked about it here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment