Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Queen and I

Last week while in Manhattan visiting Saks, I decided a cup of coffee was immediately necessary. I asked one of the employees where to get one and she directed me to the “little cafe” on the 8th floor. On that day, on the 8th floor of Saks, I almost lost my mind.

Charbonnel et Walker is a British chocolatier (and the chocolatier to HER MAJESTY!) and they have a shop and cafe at Saks Fifth Avenue. The chocolate counter where you can personalize a box of chocolates is beyond appealing but it was the Chocolate Cafe alongside the shop that took my breath away. It’s like a little slice of heaven where you can recharge after shopping. Offerings include cups of hot chocolate, coffee, cookies, puddings, brownies and pies.


The absolute best part? Cafe Charbonnel features a conveyor belt. That’s right.....a conveyor belt........that circulates the offerings described above!!! On white plates covered with little glass domes, the cookies and cakes spin around for the taking. Their menu is here.


Toffee Cookie Heaven.

Did I mention the darling chocolate fountain?

I’m certainly not royalty, but Cafe Charbonnel was my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment