Sunday, June 27, 2010

Dining Al Fresco


Is there anything better than summer? Anything better than dining al fresco? Maybe I'm just obsessed because in my last house I couldn't really do it. I could if I wanted to be on top of my neighbors with not one shrub for privacy!!! Arriverderci Parsippany.

We are so enjoying this summer season and our deck. The hubby put up these cool tiki torches to keep away the bugs and we spend lots and lots of evenings outside sippping wine, grilling up eats and simply enjoying our backyard.



The other night we were snacking on some wine and cheese before dinner. Michael also made an appetizer of insane roasted hot italian peppers. For the main meal we moved on to grilled artic char with garlic, butter and chives for me (EVOO and cilantro for the hubs). My guy is quite the grillmaster! I was responsible for making spinach pasta with kale for a side dish...a go-to recipe in our house.





I look forward to many more al fresco meals. In fact, one of my goals this week is to create a summer ipod playlist of these songs to enjoy with our next meal on the deck:

Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffett
California Girls - Beach Boys
Mexico - James Taylor
Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
Summertime - The Fresh Prince
Stay - Dave Matthews
Boys of Summer - Don Henley
Soak up the Sun - Sheryl Crow
Summer Girls - LFO
Cruel Summer - Bananarama
Fool in the Rain - Led Zepplin

I love wearing my flip flops just about everywhere, fireworks, crickets, grilled food, the beach, sunglasses as headbands, and eating plenty of drippy ice cream cones, juicy watermelon and freshly shucked corn. Did I mention that summer is my favorite season?

No comments:

Post a Comment