Saturday, June 26, 2010

Just Like Momma Makes

Leave it to my mama to discover Momma’s Gourmet Kitchen in Paramus, NJ, a newly opened marketplace of sorts that sits right on Route 4 East directly in front of Bergen Town Center (a recently renovated awesome outlet mall that has killer stores and sales....but that’s a WHOLE different discussion for when I have more time).

My mother read about Momma’s Kitchen in one of the thousand newspapers she reads daily and we tried it a few weeks ago for lunch. I’m proud to report that we liked it so much we have gone back a few times since! They have everything from pizza (with fun unconventional toppings) to plenty of sandwich and salad choices. Their bakery case is clearly the star here. It is stocked with items like homemade Hostess type cupcakes (I die.), mini blueberry coconut tarts, chocolate mousse cake, and several cookies including espresso shortbread, rugalach and biscotti.

I usually order their shrimp salad, which is very tasty. I’m not positive but I think there is Old Bay seasoning in the creamy dressing. On our last visit, we shared a Cuban Pressed Sandwich and a Hostess cupcake.





They don’t have any tables in the vast space yet (township red tape, blah blah blah) but the manager said maybe by September. There is a counter where you can stand and eat and one small table out in back facing the parking lot.

I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that half the fun of visiting Momma’s for me means a stop at Bergen Town Center. Nevertheless, if you are in the Route 4 Paramus vicinity and hunger strikes, you'll find something to eat at this pizza shop, deli and bakery all rolled into one.

No comments:

Post a Comment