Friday, June 11, 2010

I Heart Emeril

During the semi-finals of Top Chef Masters last week, I decided I needed a snack. Fast forward to me scouring the internet for caramel popcorn recipes. Let me say I was a little afraid to venture into caramel territory. I haven’t had much success with it in the past. In fact, I had horrible experiences .....burnt hands, burnt pans, burnt caramel.

When I saw Mr. Lagasse’s recipe here for microwave caramel corn, I figured I would try it. What was the worst that could happen besides ruining some cookware and possibly my microwave?!

Turns out, it was the easiest most delicious recipe ever. Within minutes I had fantastic caramel corn to snack on and the best part....no mess. Hardly any clean up, honest.





I would be remiss not to mention that I used this popcorn in the recipe. I’m a popcorn lover and years ago my mom ordered me the good stuff. I’ve never gone back to the supermarket brands since.

If I am short on time this holiday season (which I usually am), I might just ditch the laborious baking and hand out bags of this caramel goodness!

P.S. – Shout out and Congrats to the winner of last night’s Top Chef Masters, Mr. Marcus Samuelsson! If only my hubby and I attended this event :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment