Monday, August 23, 2010

Further Investigation


Several weeks ago I was in Allendale and spotted a cute restaurant that was under construction and set to open at the end of July.

Fast forward to August and of course mom and I went back to see what Darla’s Porch was all about. Turns out, it is a spacious and friendly cafe with a menu chock full of sandwiches, salads, soups and quiches. The rather large room with ceiling fans and polished wood floors was painted the prettiest shade of pale blue and reminded me of something you’d see in Cape May. (And moms who lunch with their kiddies will love the large play room and area for children!)

My mom enjoyed her sandwich and her cream of tomato soup was really really good (I tasted it). I ordered the ham and cheese quiche served alongside a small salad and it was quite tasty. You could tell the flaky crust was homemade and the custardy filling felt light.




Two thumbs up to Darla’s Porch for a pleasant environment and solid food!

No comments:

Post a Comment