Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Morning Sunshine


Every year my sister-in-law and brother-in-law stay at a friend’s house in Lavallette, NJ for a week and are kind enough to extend us an open invitation to go down and stay as well. We usually go for the weekend, enjoy the beach with my niece and nephew, soak up the sun, and then all go out for a marvelous dinner. This year we were lucky enough to not only go to dinner here (fantastic food), but to eat serious pancake breakfast too!



How could you not love the Jersey Shore when the local breakfast place is named Sunny Hunny By the Sea Pancake House?! I was so smitten with the name that I bought the t-shirt (yep, I was THAT person...the one holding up the payment line to get the shirt). I had to have it, couldn’t resist.


It was such a delightful place to eat our breakfast. Apparently, Sunny Hunny has been pleasing the masses at the Jersey Shore for more than 20 years. Breakfast reigns from omelets and pancakes to egg sandwiches and French toast. The menu is a staggering collection of breakfast favorites and Sunny Hunny specialties. Our food was served quickly and with a smile by their youthful wait staff. (They also have people dressed up as Sesame Street characters to entertain the little kids - Elmo was outside when we went).

My short stack of 3 whole wheat pancakes with a side of deep fried bacon was just what I needed Sunday morning. The place seemed air tight when it came to serving up our morning eats and I loved everything about it....including the name!



Thanks to D, A, J & T for showing us such an outstanding time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment