Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pizza - Honorable Mentions


As promised, the finale to my pizza week posts is a list of “honorable mentions” that I think have pretty darn good pie. I’ve deferred to some of my favorite bloggers to tell you more about each restaurant in detail – Jason Perlow of Off the Broiler and Tommy of tommyeats (see links below).

Kinchleys (Ramsey) – good thin pie. very cracker like crust. great tavern environment. have had dinners other than pizza here and the food is pretty good! dirt cheap prices – love that. full review here.

A mano (Ridgewood) – delicious traditional Neapolitan-style pizza. almost everything in the restaurant is from Italy (including the ovens) and the place is quite pretty! my husband adores their pizza, probably because he’s actually been to Italy. full review here.

Reservoir Tavern (Boonton) – haven’t been here in years but used to go quite often and it was always good when I did. great pizza with thin crust (are you surprised to hear that? ha). full review here.

Last but not least - these are on my list of must try pizzas:

Ah’Pizz (Montclair) – will be going very soon and reporting back. hey, tommy likes it!

Grimaldi’s (NY) – my brother likes it and he turned me on to Pepe’s.

Sally’s Apizza (New Haven, CT) – just look at the photo at the top of this post and you’ll surely see why I MUST TRY this pizza. remember that famous top 25 pizza list? well Sally’s is at #6 and beat my beloved Pepe’s.

That wraps up pizza week folks and I hope you enjoyed reading about pie as much as I enjoyed writing about it. I'm going to eat my homemade pizza leftovers from Thursday now! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment